Policies And Guidelines
Scheduling lessons at Murfreesboro Academy of music is easy. The Academy offers 30 minute or 1-hour lesson options. All private lessons are taught weekly and lessons are month-to-month so there is no long term commitment.
The Academy staff handles all booking and scheduling needs so our instructors can focus on teaching.
New lessons will be scheduled at least a week in advance with each student recieving a reoccurring weekly time slot. Any changes in schedule need to be communicated with the Murfreesboro Academy of Music staff or the student’s instructor.
Tuition, Fees and Payment Options
- Monthly tuition payment for Lessons are due by the 1st day of the month and considered late if received after the 5th day of the month.
- All payments are to be made to the Murfreesboro Academy of Music.
- Any tuition payments received after the 5th of the month will be assessed a $15 Late Payment fee.
- A one-time non-refundable New Student Registration fee of $15 per student or $25 per family will be charged for all new students registering for lessons. This fee covers all administrative tasks associated with the lessons program. In the event that a student takes a “leave of absence” from weekly lessons, the registration fee will be waived should the student return within 90 days.
- Tuition for Classes must be paid in full before the first class begins; class tuition costs may NOT be paid weekly. Students already participating in private lessons will not owe a registration fee if enrolling in classes.
- No lessons or classes may be attended prior to payment.
- Payment to the Murfreesboro Academy of Music may be made by cash, check, credit/debit card (3% processing fee) or PayPal (3% + $.30 processing fee).
Student Cancellations – As the instructor is reserving time for each student, it is important to keep student absences to a minimum. When an absence in absolutely necessary, as much notice as possible is required. Murfreesboro Academy asks that students provide 24-hour notice of lesson cancelation if at all possible. With reasonable notice, instructors will work with the student/parent to reschedule. Without 24-hour notice the lesson in forfeited.
Instructor Cancellations – We expect absenteeism to be minimal; however, should an instructor miss a lesson we ask that instructors provide as much notice to the student as possible. Additionally, the instructor is required to provide the student with a make-up for any missed lesson. Repeated instructor cancellations should be reported to Academy staff.
Instructor Substitutions – In the event an instructor must miss lessons for an extended period of time the Academy will provide a qualified substitute.
Student Cancellations – Respecting the difference between a private lesson and a class, unfortunately no credit or make-ups are offered when a class session in missed.
Instructor Cancellations – In the unlikely event that an instructor in unable to attend a class section, students will receive as much advance notice as possible and the class session will be rescheduled.
Emergrncy Closings and Weather Cancellations
Any decision to close the Murfreesboro Academy of Music is based on many factors including safety conditions and the National Weather Service and state advisories. Due to the large number of lessons and classes that may be affected, make-ups for emergency closings or weather cancelations cannot be guaranteed but all reasonable efforts will be made in order to offer a make-up at the instructor’s discretion. Academy personnel will notify students in the event of an emergency closing.
Make-up lessons are offered in the previously listed situations only if a mutually acceptable time can be found.
To aid in efficient and timely communication with all students and families enrolled in our educational offerings, we request that the Murfreesboro Academy of Music be provided with up to date contact information including: Email, Home Phone and Cell Phone.
Student Withdrawal from Lessons – Students are required to notify their instructor and Academy personnel of their intent to stop lessons at least 30 days in advance. Failure to provide proper notice will result in a fee equivalent of 50% cost of the following month’s tuition.
Student Withdrawal from Classes – Students should notify Academy personnel of intent to withdraw from any scheduled class. If notification is received after the class has started, no refund will be given.
The Murfreesboro Academy of Music reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment. In the event that a class is cancelled students will receive a full refund.
Practice Rooms and Lesson Studios
Unoccupied lesson studios are available for rent. Contact the Murfreesboro Academy of Music if you are interested in reserving a studio or practice space.
Photography and Publicity
Occasional photos or videos may be taken for use in company brochures, advertising or other public relations projects. Photographs or Videos featuring registered students are considered eligible for publication unless the student or parent/guardian of a student under the age of 18 submits in writing a request for non-use. Any such request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Musical achievement requires effort over a period of time.
- Practice in a quiet place
- Schedule a consistent daily time for practice
- Use a quality instrument and ensure that it is in good working order
- Play often for family and friends
- Play a wide variety of music
- Communicate regarding lesson experiences
- Make a commitment to music study